Offering Project Management & Consultative Services in Real Estate Investments
Copyright 2014 ~ Hammond Asset Management
Employers are quickly discovering the tremendous assets available in the Harrisonburg area. Ideally situated two hours from
Washington D.C. and Richmond, the Shenandoah Valley offers a great quality of life, a highly skilled workforce, and a robust technology
~ Virginia Business Magazine ~
- Ranked 3rd Top State for Business in the U.S.
- Ranked 9th Safest Small City in the U.S.
- Ranked 22nd for Best Performing Small
Cities in the U.S.
- Ranked top 20% metro for New Business Opportunities in the U.S.
- Ranked 1st for MSA's Job Growth in Virginia
2nd for concentration of High-Tech Companies in Virginia
- Ranked 2nd fastest growing city in Virginia
- Ranked 3rd among all small metros
for Low Crime rate in Virginia
- James Madison University ranked Top Public, Master's Level University in the South
- JMU ranked Highest
Graduation in the South
- JMU ranked in Forbes 'America's Best Colleges'
- JMU ranked 22nd in Kipplinger's 'Best Values in Public Colleges'
- JMU ranked 29th in Bloomberg's 'Best Business Schools in America'
- Harrisonburg High School ranked 30th in Virginia
- Annual retail sales
in the county and city total approximately $1.5 billion
- Located approximately 130 miles from Washington D.C.
- Tax Exemptions for businesses moving to the Harrisonburg Downtown Technology Zone
- Three-year business, professional, and occupational
license tax/fee exemption
- Water and Sewer connection fee exemption
- Partial exemption for certain rehabilitations, renovations, or
replacements of structures no less than twenty-five years of age
- Virginia ranked as 'Top State to do Business' by Fortune Magazine
- James Madison University: America's Best Colleges. Forbes. (Online) Available from: www.forbes.com [Accessed 2011-2014]
- Manners, Doug. Daily News Record Online. 2011-2014
- Milken Institute (2011-2014)
- Shull, Brian. Harrisonburg City Economic
Development Department. [Referenced Expansion Management Magazine] Discussions: 2010-2014